Location: Montréal, Québec
Published on January 27, 2021
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our diverse and rapidly growing team in Montreal. The successful applicant will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing data infrastructure and data pipeline solutions for our clients. The ideal candidate has experience working on cross-functional teams and building data systems from the ground up. They are excited by the prospect of optimizing or redesigning a client’s data architecture to support new business objectives and/or data initiatives. The right fit is highly motivated, detail-oriented, curious, and can work effectively with members of our analytics, research, and digital teams.
- Design, develop, and maintain optimal data architecture solutions for our clients;
- Develop data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS’ suite of services;
- Optimize data models for increased database performance and faster querying speeds.
- Develop complex SQL queries to merge data across data sources, generate reports, and identify anomalies;
- Audit and critically analyze clients’ current data architecture and generate recommendations for improvements.;
- Adhere to data privacy (eg: GDPR) legislation and to data governance policies;
- Document everything;
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field. At least 2 years experience working as a data engineer preferred.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Python proficiency. Advanced working knowledge of other programming languages is an asset.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, Redshift, Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, DynamoDB, for example
- An ability to analyze project needs and translate user needs into data requirements
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Bilingual in French and English an asset