Jr Data Engineering Analyst
Working with our Director of Data Engineering, you will be responsible for supporting him in mapping and creating processes that will help our clients manage their data better, match data across different data sets, and create the documentation needed to help organizations build data dictionaries.
The primary roles of the Data Engineering and Infrastructure Team are to:
- Analyze and understand current data infrastructure (systems and workflows) of clients; and
- Design data architecture systems and develop data workflows and efficient processes to move, store, organize, and utilize data coming from different parts of the organization.
Responsibilities for the Jr Data Engineering Analyst include:
- Ability to develop, automate, and document custom data workflows to move data between systems;
- Writing SQL scripts to merge and analyze various data sets, identify anomalies, and errors within the data;
- Creating and maintaining data dictionaries;
- Assisting in building and automating regular and ad-hoc dashboards and reports for stakeholders; and
- Developing governance and change control processes.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field
- Some experience with databases (AWS Redshift, MySQL preferred)
- Proficiency with SQL
- An ability to analyze project needs and translate user needs into data requirements
- An ability and eagerness to constantly learn and teach others
- Great organization skills
- Eagerness to dig into data to both validate and refute any assumptions
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Montreal, QC
SQL database: 1 year documenting data workflow: 1 year